Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Antwerp Zoo

The half-marathon went great!  Not quite as fast as I had hoped, but it was a beautiful day and a truly memorable experience.

After the race, it was off to Antwerp for the day.  I had been dying to visit the zoo there, and I knew it might be one of my last sunny weekends here in Belgium.  The zoo was much larger than I expected, and had a great variety of animals.  It was interesting to see the French and Dutch words for each kind of animal.  Our favorite was the tigers...MIZ! 

Afterwards, we ate at a Mexican restaurant.  It was pretty average food, but we were very excited when the server brought us sombraros to wear!

This weekend, Cologne Germany!


Leopard

Cheetah trying to eat a plant outside of it's cage.

 So excited to go into the Zoo!

The sombraros
Will and I
Waiting at the Mcdonalds in Antwerp for our other friend.
This must have been before I found out it was 20 euros to get in...
The first animal we saw at the zoo
Giraffes
Mizzou kids in front of the tigers.  M-I-Z!
elephants
Gorilla
attempting to growl at the camera, but laughing too hard. Z-O-U!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post! I'm going to travel to Antwerp next weekend and this post made think abou going to the Zoo =D

    ReplyDelete